Saturday, February 17, 2018

Wedding Joy Layout with Bows and Love



I'm here today with a Valentine's layout filled with lots of love, pretty bows and banners to celebrate the big day. 

Of course these wonderful embellishments start with Creative Embellishments chipboard pieces.  
My Creative Embellishments chipboard selection on this layout includes: 
chipboard bows ( I layered the bows)
I'm also using the gorgeous I must share the paper collection I used.  New from Sweden, it's the Celebration collection from Maja Design.  This layout uses the following sheets shown below:
Jubilee (A and B side)
Birthday (B side)

This collection was created to celebrate the 10th Anniversary of Maja Design.  Gorgeous  collection with a versatile range of colors.  

I love to make chipboard look soft and wispy.  My technique is quite easy.  Paint everything with cheap creamy white paint - like a french vanilla color.  I do not bother with gesso.  It's too white for my needs and doesn't have enough coverage.  I go straight for the cheap acrylic paint.

Once the paint has dried completely, I went back in and added some pink/red ink for accents using a paint brush ( or waterbrush)  for softness.  The water brush eliminates any harsh lines on the chipboard.  Last step is to add some brown ink here and there as light shading.  


Additional finishing details may be Crackle Accents by Ranger, pearls or Stickles Glitter Glue for pops of glitz.  I'll tell ya, the Stickles really doesn't show well in photos but it has such a bedazzling look in person.


 Not sure how to type this without sounding odd, but I adore the "Adore Banner"  using the  Family Banners chipboard.  Such a sweet and romantic touch.  That was topped with the crackle accents as well. 

Thanks for stopping by to visit.  


Where to shop? 
You can shop for Maja Design papers right here. 
Shop for your Creative Embellishments chippies right here

Product List:
Creative Embellishments - Bows
Maja Design -Celebrations paper 
Ranger Crackle Accents - Crackle Medium (big bottle)
Ranger Crackle Accents - Crackle Medium small bottle

No comments:

Post a Comment