Saturday, December 24, 2016

DIY Christmas Cards Featuring Authentique PART 2

 DIY  Christmas Cards Authentique -Part 2

This is the last set of projects I worked on for the Flying Unicorns.   This is Part 2 of 2.  You will find Part 1 on my blog right here.  

  The set was intended to be a bundle for sale at the Flying Unicorns.   While no longer for sale, I still decided to show my projects.  I worked too long on them to not share.  And I think they are lovely.  

 I do have some DIY tips and I do show the basics on how I created these cards, but not the step-by-step in it's entirety.    These are pretty easy cards and I think the tips are really all one needs to get the gist.  

 I am sad to see it be done and yet joyful for the experience and the magical carpet ride the Unicorns and owner, Alda Stevens , provided me over the last few years.  Certainly years of growth and stretching. 

Alda Stevens passed away in the beginning of December.  Her departure from this world leaves a void in the crafting world and in my heart and in many hearts.  
May Alda Stevens and her sparkly pink Unicorn rest peacefully forevermore.   

Part 2

Authentique Tidings Poinsettia Card

The last card sample for this Authentique Tidings bundle is a beautiful poinsettia card.  Scroll down for the base layout of the card. The embellishments on the card are pretty easy to replicate.  



This is the base of the card.  A few layers separated by a strip of ribbon.  

Products for this card:
Petaloo Textured Burlap Picks in Pistachio 1204214
Authentique Tidings Collection  6x6
Petaloo Flora Doodels mini-Delphiniums Red Black Mix 1300-191
Pearl Gems or crystals or such
Pine Punches
Tim Holtz Alterations Holly Greens Thinlits
Red Plaid ribbon
Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Walnut
Kraft pre-folded Card 5inx6.5in




 There's not a lot to this card, but I thought I'd share the "guts" of the project to see how the base is created.   I like cutting the center from the doily to create a  wreath-like effect.  


Time to embellish  and I decided that I'd add my own twists to the embellies I had planned on using. The crystal holly leaves (Kaiserkraft Holly Silver Self Adhesive Rhinestone Holly) were great to add on top of darker paper.  


Use the custom adapted embellishments to enrich the floral cluster.  


And here is the resulting wreath on the card. 


Have a very Merry Christmas and Holiday season. 

Products:
Authentique Tidings Collection  6x6 
7 Dots - Yuletide Chipboard
Kaiserkraft Holly Silver Self Adhesive Rhinestone Holly SB166
Prima Flower Tales of You & Me  586324 
White tulle


1 comment:

  1. I love how you blend patterns and textures to make these gorgeous cards, Jen!!! (And thanks for showing us how!!!!)

    ReplyDelete