Saturday, April 9, 2016

Escape Kitty in a Basket - Flying Unicorns and Frank Garcia - Prima



Tales of You & Me - by Prima and Frank Garcia

The April kit from Flying Unicorn was chock full of Prima this month.  

Prima's newest collection by Prima and Frank Garcia, Tales of You & Me ,  is one of those collections that is a "must have"  - with soft warm colors.  I decided to show you how important photo choices are in your end result.   I created a layout with three different but similar photo options.  

My photo options: Escape Kitty is chocolate sepia, my sweet little niece in rosey creams and a photo of my siblings in a bright sepia.  

First:  Escape Kitty ( because she'd have it no other way)
I know that Escape Kitty certainly digs this collection - makes her look absolutely enchanting.  

Escape Kitty is no different than most kitties ( shhhhhhh I'll never tell this to her sweet furry cat face).  She loves boxes and baskets and places to explore and jump into for a quick shut-eye.  She looks puuuuurfetly angelic here.  

I love the darling photo.  It matches wonderfully with the collection but is it too busy?  Maybe.  I still love it.  

Simply as a result of my indecision, I said adios to my kitty and brought my sweet niece in for a test.   Her lovely soft creams and blush pinks are a great match to the papers.  I also love the results.  So why stop there?

Last, I decided to toss my siblings into the ring of indecision.  I like the bright sepia photo because the layout have some bright cream accents. 

And the winner is...............
 The winner of my heart is Escape Kitty.  Yes, of course I love my siblings and my darling niece.  But I no longer live with my siblings and do not see my niece daily.  I do, however,  have a sassy furball cat who will stomp on my face at 4am to wake me so I try to keep on her good side and make her happy.  Just being truthful and practical. 


Here's how I cut my papers and organized my layout:

It's hard to see what a gorgeous piece of paper hides behind side A of this piece of paper.  I do wish  the papers were displayed so that both sides were seen, as both are  equally gorgeous, but the internet doesn't show both sides very well.  No fear -  I will show you. 

I focused on using side B.  I cut the edges and flipped on of the edges.  This created a fascinating border for me to use.  From there, I continue to build my Escape Kitty page.  


Here are more close up's of the page with embellishments from Frank's Tales of You & Me collection as well as from the Flying Unicorn April collection.  

This is Available in my ETSY shop ( I'll add your photo)

Here's a twist:  I have this page available in my ETSY shop and I will add YOUR photo to the page.  You can email the photo and I'll make it fit - turn it a beautiful creamy sepia if you want...and make it look spectacular ( even better then Miss Kitty's photo).   Check out this and the rest of the shop items right here.   You can see the actual ETSY item here

More details and sweetness:

If you missed the Flying Unicorn Kit this month, consider grabbing the kits when they are available for pre-order on the 20th of every month.  You get a great preview of the entire kit and have a few payment options.   You can find all the details right here.  


Thanks for stopping here.  Enjoy Frank Garcia's collections! You can find the Tales of You & Me collection right here.  You can find Frank's other collections here as well and all the other fun Prima goodies at the Flying Unicorns Store

Don't forget to check out the ETSY shop.  


Products:
Prima - Tales of You and Me Collection - Flower- Toujours 586324 

Prima - Tales of You and Me Collection - Flower  - Secret Love 

586287
Prima - Metal Dies - Moroccan Foliage 583965
Prima - 6 x 6 Stencil - Lace 580032
Prima - Art Basics - Heavy Gesso - White - 8.5 Ounces -961442
Gingham Ribbon
Martha Stewart Doily Lace edge punch

1 comment:

  1. You crack me up!!! Love how Escape Kitty(the obvious winner) beautifies tha layout!! GORGEUS

    ReplyDelete