Monday, January 7, 2013

Blue Fern Studios - Seasonal Wildflowers


Let me introduce you to Blue Fern Studios Seasonal Wildflowers. 



Lavender Fields:
I took this photo of some lavender in the spring 2012.  I think I was really trying to get the little bumble bee  BUT ended up with the flowers.  Either my shutter speed or my eyesight is way tooooo slow. I ended up with a different image than what I envisioned.  Just like a scrap page.  Sometimes (most times) the page starts with one vision and ends with completely different vision.  

I used the  Blue Fern Studios -Seasonal Wildflowers : Model  074394 to resemble my lavender.  great piece, isn't it?
Blue Fern Studios -Seasonal Wildflowers : Model  074394

Before I treated my Blue Fern chipies with any paint, I set them on my layout and used them as masks.  I sprayed with Tattered Angels Mist in Lavender Fields. 

I painted these with gesso first, then after they dried I dabbed the  flower part of them with molding paste to create some dimension.  When dry, I used my fingertip to dab some purple and yellow acrylic paint on them sparingly.




Someone asked about my corners and the techniques applied.  First I punched my corners with the Martha Stewart Large Wild Flowers corner punch.  Then I mixed some molding paste and some Claudine Hellmuth yellow acrylic paint together and applied it to a Prima mask.  This is illustrated below.



My layout was based on this design by Marie-Nicolas Alliot for the Prima BAP (Build a page)  Challenge in Dec.  This was featured at Prima.  

Prima BAP for December with this this month our sketch artist is Marie-Nicolas Alliot

Thanks so much for looking and spending time here.  Please come visit us at Blue Fern Studios and find out where you can purchase Blue Fern Studios chipboard. 
Products Used:
Blue Fern Studios -Seasonal Wildflowers : Model  074394
Prima Masks: 882105, 560911
Prima Sun Kiss Collection - Kindred Spirit
Prima Zephr Collection - Parfait 844509
Prima Annalee Collection - Poetry 841836
Prima Flowers - Prelude C 561567
Tattered Angels Glimmermist - Lavender Fields

2 comments:

  1. I can't stop ooohhh and awwwwing! This is just so beautiful! Putting the masked flowers and the painted ones together like that looks just wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jenny, this is really beautiful again. Such a good idea to use the chipboard as a mask, the LO looks like a field of lavender now. I also love the corners of the cardstock you used. Did you use a punch to make these corners?
    It's a pity you live in the USA, cause I would love have a workshop from you to learn some of your techniques!

    ReplyDelete